Happy 2013: Resolutions
2012 has been amazing.
- D & I kicked school out of our lives
- We both became part of the employed masses = Yay jobs
- We moved from Arizona to Illinois
- D & I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss
- Visited some awesome places- Chicago, California, Sedona, Colorado to name a few
- I ran 1031. 5 miles
- I ran 18 half marathons
|So much loot|
- I achieved two big goals
- A half marathon under two hours
- Ran 1000 miles this year.
- I PR'd in a 5K and 10K- well I haven't run these distances in years so we will say PR (high school aged awesomeness does not count).
- I registered for my second marathon. I ran one in 2006 but it went kind of not awesome so looking forward to redemption 2013. Hello Wisconsin marathon- I come to dominate.
Well hello there 2013. I have big plans for you.
- Keep working hard at my job
- Save some sweet cash
- Figure out the house situation in IL- buy or keep renting
- Explore more of IL and WI
- Run 5 more half marathons to complete my 30 before 30 goal
- I would like to get another half under two hours to prove to myself I didn't actually run through some sort of time warp/ worm hole and really ran 13.1 miles in less than 2 hours.
- I don't really know how to set goals for the marathon. It seems like such a huge goal. I have decided that when I stand on the start line I want to be in the best shape possible. I want to feel that I have prepared to the best of my abilities. This means training smart = hills, tempo and easy runs. Keeping my easy runs easy will be key I think.
- Run the Wisconsin and Chicago marathons and I hope the Half Moon Bay Marathon.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits- better in general. I know that the lighter I am the faster I can run. But instead of focusing on dropping more lbs I am going to focus on eating better. You know: Eat food. Not too much. Mostly Plants - Michael Pollen. This will be tough- because I love food, not so much vegetables and I like a lot of it. But one day at a time.
- Overall- run faster and farther than I did in 2012
- 1500 miles this year.