Not my highest but not my lowest.
Half marathons completed: 2
Tyranena Beer Run
Cross training: Well most of that was done in the past week during my break from running any sort of distance. But overall have gotten better about stretching and doing some strength training.
- Started #rwrunstreak- going strong at a mile a day
- Thanksgiving happened = ate all of the things and it was awesome
- Realized only have 12 miles to run after this week to reach my goal of running a 1000 miles this year! Super excited about that!
The not awesome:
- Hurt myself a bit at my last half- learned need to get better at doing my hip strengthening exercise to avoid this pattern of hurt hip, rehab hip, stop doing exercises, hurt hip.
- Realized cold weather running is not fun and keeping in shape over the winter will be harder than I expected.
- Am experiencing irrational fears about registering for the Illinois marathon
- 'I will break every bone in my body'
- 'I will spend $ to register and do all this training and end up injured and unable to do it'
- 'I will hate marathons'
What is happening in December:
- Nada- no races
- Maintain fitness
- Keep working on strength and flexibility- six pack or nothing- just kidding, I like cake.
- Enjoy running shorter distances and doing what I want before marathon training kicks off in January
How did your month go?
What races are you gearing up for in the Spring?
Any marathon training advice to share with the group?