All Hail the Mighty Treadmill Conqueror

This morning I woke up at 5:30 to head to the gym for my speed workout.I had to be awake and presentable by 8:30 this morning and since it is still dark out until 6:30 there was no way I was fitting in a five mile speed workout on the street. That is how I found myself once again on a treadmill. And I freakin killed it.

I forgot these
mighty pop songs you  make everything easier
so I was pretty sure the workout was going to suck the big one. I even contemplated turning around and driving home to get them but then would have had to cut my run short so........I just sucked it up. It is always funny to workout at the university gym. Girls with tons of makeup on and color coordinated outfits. Guys in tight tees doing random crossfit moves in the corner. And then there is me. No makeup, crazy hair, raggedy t-shirt sweating buckets, plodding and wheezing in the corner on the treadmill. Just keeping it real I guess. Hey young people....this is your future.

Back to my treadmill awesomeness. I got the speed workout from my maybe do a marathon sometime soonerish than laterish training plan. 

Ignore the 3 miles, with jog breaks between sprints and warm-up it ends up being 5 miles.
I also had to write it down on a piece of paper to take with me since my brain doesn't work at 6a.m. or ever really when I am on a treadmill and trying to do math. All the sprint intervals were done between an 8:50 to 9:30 pace. 400s and 800s were faster. The 1200s were just horrible and started fast but dwindled. 400 rest between at a slow jog. I am not gonna a lie, there were several times when I thought about jumping off, cutting short or just surrendering and flying off the back of the treadmill but I held on. Yay for me and I felt like a total bad a** for the rest of the day. Maybe with a little nurturing the relationship between me and the treadmill will progress in a positive way. Maybe.

Comments

  1. Waking up at 5:30 a.m. to run on a treadmill?!? Wow. I hate the morning, and I hate the treadmill. Awesome run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, your university gym is crowded even at 5:30?! That's hard core for college kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review