Visit with the Bestie

This past weekend was awesome. One of my very favorite people in the whole world came to visit! Maren, one of my besties since 7th grade (she has put up with me for a very long time) flew down from frozen Minneapolis to hang with me. Unfortunately El Paso is a little bit lacking in exciting things to do but we made it work. D took us on a base tour which included the Old Fort Replica. 

We did not in fact feed the plastic replica animals. Such rule followers.....We also took a drive up to scenic drive to check out downtown and spy on Mexico since it is right there. Then we hit up Independent Burger and Belle Sucre Bakery to get birthday supplies in the form of mini cakes since it was Maren's Bday on Saturday. Yes to mini cakes and go to Belle Sucre Bakery if you are local. So delicious.


 Saturday after I got home from running with the half marathon group I am training we headed to Mesilla in New Mexico for birthday adventure time. Super cute little town. We wandered through the shops,


ate delicious Mexican food and drank horchata (which I am determined now to make this on my own because it is delicious and is really just water and rice so how hard can it be) and finished up with homemade ice cream and root beer floats.

After all that activity we had to go home and lay on the couch and watch a full season of Inside Amy Schumer. So funny. Sunday we went for a six mile hike in search of these old mines that I knew were somewhere on the mountain but I had yet to find.
 We found them! And they were not really that exciting....but we found them....so mission accomplished.
It was so great to spend time with my friend! Thanks Maren for coming to El Paso to hang with me!!! My turn to head north next but probably not during the winter cause Minnesota is freakin cold. So see you in summer or fall ;).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review