3.1 and 24 hours

On Saturday this happened at the Blake Reynolds Memorial Fund 5k race


Which was good enough for 2nd place in my age group, 8th female and 33rd overall. So that was pretty cool and painful, mostly cool.




 The race was well done and the course was nice. There were nice long sleeve shirts or a vest as swag and those signed up for the Winter Series (four races at a 5k or 10k distance) were able to get their shirts which are nice brooks cold weather gear.





This race got me excited to try and run fast. I am hopeful that I can eventually get under 25. Overall I had a great time, except for when I almost puked at the end. Apparently there is a price to pay for picking up the pace. D ran the 10K and kicked butt finishing in 45:29, 4th in his age group and 15th overall. The hubs is insanely fast because he ran so fast but in the end he admitted that he took it easy since his leg has been bothering him. Whhhaaattt I'm sorry 7:20 minute miles does not seem easy. Oh to be naturally speedy.

The best part was seeing friends kick ass! Kendra and Amanda both smashed it.
Me mauling Amanda who got a new PR. My excitement about running just can't be contained.
These girls keep me inspired to train hard and I love watching them kick butt! I can't wait until our next race together!

After the 5K I headed over the the Shazam! 24 hour race in Smith Station Alabama to do some lap counting for a few hours. The people running this race were amazing! 24 hours spent on a track running laps. Insane! In a totally amazing way. I loved it. It was a small race so in about ten minutes I was invested in ever single one of them, cheering every lap. The mental toughness not to mention the strength and general badassery needed is just amazing!

Lap 135

.

Now this is an aid station!

It got me even more excited to eventually venture into an ultra. Looking at you Greenland Trail 50K.

Comments

  1. Congrats on an awesome time! I've wanted to vomit during every 5K I've ever run (two), so maybe that is a sign that we are on track. And those winter series shirts are awesome. Thumb holes! And I think I might die doing that track race. Although that is the equivalent to doing a 100-mile race. Depending on how fast/slow you are. How far did the fastest person run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure and can't find results but when I was there they had been going for six hours and one guys was at around 36 miles. Pretty amazing!

      Delete
  2. A podium finish!!! So exciting! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Congrats on your speedy 5K and placement! That is so awesome! And dayum, I wish your husband's easy speed was mine! Hee hee, love those fasties!

    That sounds like a really fun way to volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- naturally fast people. Pssshhhh not impressed. Kidding- super impressed!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on an amazing race - so speedy!!! I don't think I could hold 8.16 for 3 miles!!! But 24 hours on a track? I don't get the appeal of that at ALL!!!! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went more 7:50, 8:00, 8:33- just don't die at the end. Being consistent is a work in progress;).

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your amazing 5K time and PLACING!! Whoop whoop!! You're a rock star!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- little surprised I pulled that out.:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review