Chicago Half Marathon Race Entry Giveaway
Looking for a reason to come to the Windy City? Looking to fill that race schedule void that just happens to fall on September 8th? Wishing you could see me plod by in person? Well here is your chance. The lovely people at the Chicago Half Marathon have offered me and YOU, dear reader, a free entry to this year's Chicago Half Marathon.
I KNOW! I am pretty excited about it too!
Super important details of the race.
- It is September 8th
- It starts at Jackson Park
- You get to run on Lake Shore Drive (instead of sit in traffic on it)
- There will be bands, there will be aid stations, there will be portaaaaa pottieeeeesssssss
- Tech shirt and a medal (do you really need to know anything else people- there is a medal)
- Well if you do need to know more visit http://www.usroadsports.com/Signature/Chicago
So come join me and other fun runners in our quest to obtain these:
|This image stolen from the Chicago Half Marathon facebook page|
Okay so how do you get the entry, well there are a few ways:
1) Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite flavor of ice cream is. No this has nothing to do with half marathons or running I have just been craving ice cream all day and this is my blog so I do what I want.
2) For an additional entry tweet it out- something like @just_plodding and the @ChicagoHalf want you to come run Chicago and leave me a comment telling me you did
3) Like the Chicago Half Marathon on Facebook and leave a comment telling me you did.
Giveaway will be open until midnight on Saturday July 20th. I will pick a random winner on Sunday July 21st and announce the winner on Monday July 22nd!
1) I am totally being compensated for this blog post with a free race entry which in my world is like someone handing me a bar of pure gold so I am okay with this because one of my fantastic readers also gets to run.
2) I fully support the fun that can be had at half marathons but I can not be held responsible for any sort of half marathon addiction or affliction that may come about from the training and participation in this event.
3) Giveaways are fun, let's keep them that way!
Hope to see you September 8th!
Random thought for today: How many mosquito bites do you think I will have to get before I remember bug spray for my runs/ night walks with Max the wonder dog? 50....100. Seriously I have no blood left. SO ITCHY.