And then lay there listening to my lawn being mowed (yay for landscaper, boo for timing) and finally almost fell asleep when I got a call from work. WTF. Ahhhhhhh give me a break. If I am not at work- then I am hard pressed to care about what is going on at work. Unless it is on fire- do not call me.
I do not excel at napping apparently.
Some funny things that happened yesterday during the marathon:
Apparently nature was not a huge fan of me running this marathon, besides the heat nature threw a couple other hurdles at me.
1) Mosquitoes- I got a couple bites while out there. If you run faster is this less of a problem?
2) I startled a deer at one point and it was running right next to me for a few moments which was cool until it dashed in front of me across the path and scared the crap out of me. Glad it didn't try to plow through me. Heart was beating fast enough thank you very much.
3) I inhaled one of those cotton floaty things from trees and I swear that thing was stuck to the back of my throat for at least twenty minutes. Bleh.
4) Bumble bee attack- no actual stinging or anything- it was one of those big fat ones, do they even sting? But it would not leave me alone.
5) Bug in the eye. I had a visor and sunglasses on- come on now how did it even get in there? Skills.
Long story short if you disturb me while I am trying to nap I get very ragey
and nature is conspiring against me.