Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Disturbing Trend

Last week I realized that I had gotten lazy. Since I wasn't running I was less motivated to stick to my normal healthy eats. The bank account lays out evidence of a week of take-out and Subway. Nobody needs that many veggie sandwiches in a week. I was pretty strict about my diet during marathon training so I was okay with loosening up a bit but this week starts round two of marathon training (exciting news about that coming soon! Do I know how to build anticipation or what). So it is time to get back on the healthy eating saddle. So I have been busy pre-making healthy options so I have no "but I got off work late/ I would rather be outside/ I am tired" excuses to stop on the way home. 

Black beans

Lentils with peas and onions

Quinoa

Rice


Fruits for an easy snack

Fool proof. Now I can just remove some of the above and mix and match, add a side of veggies or a salad and dinner done. More time to focus on getting back into training and making exciting marathon plans!

What are your go to healthy treats?

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe. (for many reasons)

    I put weight on after the marathon. I kept eating for marathon training and wasn't running at all. Allow yourself a little time off though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I have healthy treats... I eat a ton of cereal/whole grains/ and those cereal/granola bars. And fruit of course! I guess I should look into fixing my diet a bit for the summer! I wish veggie sandwiches were the worst meal I eat hahhahah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!