A Disturbing Trend

Last week I realized that I had gotten lazy. Since I wasn't running I was less motivated to stick to my normal healthy eats. The bank account lays out evidence of a week of take-out and Subway. Nobody needs that many veggie sandwiches in a week. I was pretty strict about my diet during marathon training so I was okay with loosening up a bit but this week starts round two of marathon training (exciting news about that coming soon! Do I know how to build anticipation or what). So it is time to get back on the healthy eating saddle. So I have been busy pre-making healthy options so I have no "but I got off work late/ I would rather be outside/ I am tired" excuses to stop on the way home. 

Black beans

Lentils with peas and onions

Quinoa

Rice


Fruits for an easy snack

Fool proof. Now I can just remove some of the above and mix and match, add a side of veggies or a salad and dinner done. More time to focus on getting back into training and making exciting marathon plans!

What are your go to healthy treats?

Comments

  1. Hehehe. (for many reasons)

    I put weight on after the marathon. I kept eating for marathon training and wasn't running at all. Allow yourself a little time off though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I have healthy treats... I eat a ton of cereal/whole grains/ and those cereal/granola bars. And fruit of course! I guess I should look into fixing my diet a bit for the summer! I wish veggie sandwiches were the worst meal I eat hahhahah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review