Next Go Round
Well spring has finally sprung!!!!
So that meant that Max had to play ball for about 12 hours.
While I was cruising along on my runs this weekend with the bunnies and the bees thinking about nothing and everything at the same time I realized that I really liked training for the marathon. That might same crazy but training for this has made me push myself more than I ever have before. I have run more than I ever thought possible. And endured more on the treadmill than I ever really wanted too (thanks never ending Illinois winter). I know I haven't even run the darn thing yet and this will definitely sound crazy but I am excited to do it again. I have already found the next training plan I want to use.
I also know that I want and need to incorporate lifting and cross training into race preparation. In my mind I was thinking I had all summer to do this and run some shorter distances and work on speed and then starting in September could start marathon training.....and then I counted the weeks back from October 13th when the Chicago marathon takes place and realized marathon training starts back up mid-June if I want to start at the beginning of the program. Clearly I have no concept of time. And I have no idea why I thought that I could start training in September for an October marathon. Sometimes I am just super special like that.
Instead I am going to use May and the beginning of June to do a few things:
1) Recover from the marathon. Fingers crossed this recovery doesn't take very long cause I got stuff to do.
2) Get on a solid schedule of lifting and doing body weight exercises three times a week.
3) Bike and do yoga twice a week
4) Hello core exercises- I am going to do you at least 5 times a week.
5) Finish my 30 half marathons before 30 goal. If I can eek out another sub 2 hour finish that would be cool too.
Do you have any summertime training plans?