Thank You

While I normally shy away from writing anything deep and meaningful or controversial on the blog due to the fact that I like my little bloggie world to be one that is light and airy and the biggest issue around is what marathon to attempt in the spring, I felt an opportunity presented itself as of late.

We are all still reeling from the horrific events that took place in Connecticut. It makes me angry and though I tend to be an optimist and believe that people are generally good and do look out for each other and try to do what is right, as of late that optimism has been crushed a little. I guess I could dive in and and share my thoughts on gun laws, mental health issues, and the other issues that have others up in arms on blogs, facebook and twitter but I won't. It is not that I don't have strong opinions about issues such as these it is just I don't want to argue about it. Instead I just would like this opportunity to say thank you.

Thank you to the teachers and school administrators who work tirelessly to educate children, often spending their own time and money to create better learning environments for their students. Who in times of crisis act bravely to protect the children left in their care everyday. All of us have a teacher or teachers who have touched our lives in a way that still to this day influences us. Thank you to teachers everywhere.

Thank you to first responders. Police, medics, firefighters. Your day to day jobs are hard enough but I am sure something such as this takes an even bigger toll. It takes a special individual to actively choose to be the person who runs into a situation that everyone else is running away from. Thank you for all that you do everyday to make the world a little safer and to do the tough jobs in times like these.

I am not a parent, so I will not claim to have an understanding of what that town must be going through, it will never be enough-but know that the we all grieve with you Newtown, Connecticut.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review