Foodie Pen Pal

I kept hearing about foodie pen pals on other blogs. People talking about magical boxes of food showing up at their door. Seems like a win to me. So for September I signed up through The Lean Green Bean. I was assigned a pen pal and someone was assigned to me and all was left was to shop, such a hardship. I was assigned Amanda over at World Class Lifestyle to see what I shipped check her site out.

And back to me. Bethany over at Accidental Intentions shipped me this lovely box full of yummy.


Pretzels which were a fantastic vehicle for hummus. Love Crunch granola which was the best granola I have ever had. I ate it plain and as cereal with milk.  Kit's Organic bars a perfect afternoon snack and a perfect bar to take along on one of my long runs. Organic fruit strips which I took for a treat at work. And organic milk chocolate squares. I loved this box, it was organic and delicious. I have not tried a lot of organic stuff before so this was something fun and new for me.

Thank you Bethany! You ROCK!

Wanna join. Check out http://www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/

Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at rocksalt@thisisrocksalt.com to get involved!

-all of this info was stolen from The Lean Green Bean site so head to the original source and sign up if interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review