August: Let's Review it

Miles run: 103.5
I don't want to toot my own horn here but tooty, toot, toot. That is pretty dang good considering one week of August I was stowed away on a big yellow moving truck slowly making its way cross country. My goal was to keep running even though things were kind of crazy and I did. Probably helps that I moved to a cooler, more runner friendly area with miles and miles of trails and friendly neighborhoods.

Half marathons done: big fat 0
But that is about to be over and I will be running lots and lots this fall and I am so excited to explore new places and get new medals....oh and run.
Dear running gods please don't let something like this happen to me when I finally achieve my treadmill dreams.  

One of my goals for this year, which I decided upon I think around April was to try to run a thousand miles this year. Right now I am at 654.8. I just don't know if I am gonna do it. I would need to run around 86.3 miles a month for the rest of the year. Which would be fine if every month was like August, easy peasy. But with my right leg being a baby and my pretend tapers I like to do before 1/2s sometimes the mileage goes down when 'racing'.

I wish I was this smooth
But I am gonna try because running a thousand would be kind of amazing and speaks to my type A in being a nice, round number to finish off the year.

Number of big stressful life changes: a lot
Number of big stressful life changes that are going well: all of them
Two thumbs way, way up for August!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend, long running or just resting. I hope everyone gets a three day weekend because three day weekends rock!

Comments

  1. Very great numbers for the month of moving! You can totally get 1,000. Do it, do it (I chant)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had an awesome August! And you accomplished a lot with your running despite having a lot of other stuff going on in your life, which is a feat in itself. I hope September goes just as well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats on getting all those miles in last month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 100 miles in a month you moved? That's insane. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review