Monday, April 9, 2012

This week....

is the Havasu Half on Saturday!
So I am going to stop upping the mileage in an attempt to rest up and maybe try for a PR. I commit to nothing. There is no elevation chart for this race so I am assuming it is fairly flat but....you never know.

Mon: stretch/yoga
Tues: 5 mile speed work
Wed:rest or x-train
Thurs: 3 miles easy
Fri: Off
Saturday: Run over the London Bridge! 13.1
Sunday: shuffle around Lake Havasu sightseeing
London Bridge
Last week was my highest mileage week this year. I ran 27.1 miles. Usually I run between 15 and 21 miles. Happy that I am slowly moving towards my goal of 30+ miles a week.
Last week:
Mon: 3miles
Tue: 5 miles of speedwork on the river trail
Wed: xtrain-walked dogs
Thurs: 6 miles
Fri: 3 mile walk with dogs
Sat: 3.1 miles
Sun: 10 miles
My next goal will be to extend the long runs past the 13 mile mark but we will see how quickly that happens.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on the 27.1! Farthest I've gone is 10, but I'm working on it ;) And how lucky to run across the London Bridge! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and look forward to reading more. Congrats on the great weekly mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flat race = great PR potential! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!