And the running gods said.....

thou shall not run inside on a treadmill when the weather is so awesome. Sunny, warm but not yet die of dehydration hot. With this decree I had to take the speed work workout to the street yo. Or in this case the river path.
What do you mean where's the river? It is right there....during monsoon season
And something magical happened I ran the same workout that I have been doing on the treadmill (1200 warm-up, 400, 800, 1200, 1200, 800, 400 with 400 rests between) ten minutes faster than I have done on the treadmill (5 miles in 49:56). Whoop. All intervals were between 8:30 and 8:40 with recovery between 9:50-10. Pretty quick for this plodder and that is with hills (baby hills) thrown in here and there. Maybe this means I am getting quicker and/or stronger. I felt pretty good the whole time, though it was getting slower towards the end.

I had to write the workout on my hand so I would remember it

but then I had to keep reminding myself not to wipe my face with my hand and smear it all over. Halfway through half of it was smeared and I was pretty sure I had a big black mark across my forehead or something but no must have just wiped it on my pants. But it worked and kept me on track. 

Random thought for the day, spring has sprung. Check out the flowering tree in front of my house!

Probably best picture ever in terms of quality, but you get the idea.


Comments

  1. Great job on the speed work! Amazing you were so much faster outside. I obeyed that very same 'run outside' commandment today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review