1. I am done with the written component of my PhD exams today. Yipppeeeee. Fingers crossed it is not sucktastic.
2. I am finally getting over my cold. Yep that's right along with being tortured all week with academic ridiculousness my nose has been super special. Like a double kick in the face life. Not cool.
It will be so sad when I start doing the version of what I call cooking again. Perhaps we can go halfsies during the week from now on.
|Greek Chicken with Asparagus|
|Flank steak with sweet potato fries and chimichurri sauce|
|Soba noodles with beef|
4. My friend J dropped off mac and cheese with basil bread crumbs to sustain me this week. I ate it so fast that I didn't even get a picture. If I could marry her mac and cheese I would.
5. To commemorate leap day I registered for this little number.
|RnR Denver whoooo|
That's right coming to CO to spread my half marathon cheer. I am such a sucker for a leap day coupon code. I felt like I should have registered for San Diego, San Jose and a few others but even with the coupon code these suckers aren't cheap. Plus I have yet to do a giant race yet so this will be the test to see if large races are for me. So if any of the Colorado bloggers I
6. My friend C also dropped off these pretty little things.
8. I have also registered for this little event again. Yeah I don't know, apparently writing about politics and policy for a week made me lose my mind.
The real question is will I train for it this time. You know run some hills or something. Magic 8 ball says Very Doubtful. I will probably die from the altitude and do my run walk shuffle like I did last time. And maybe try to come in under 3 hours. Maybe.
9. While I sat here all week slaving away,
this guy slept here.
10. I managed to actually work out this week even with the exam and a cold. I did some biking, running and weight lifting which is good because ......
To sum up......most of what I have done this week is sit in a chair typing, registering for races and stuffing my face. Thank you to everyone who sent me food, encouraging emails, text messages and good vibes. It is very much appreciated. I am one lucky lady!