What did I do.......

For my birthday I asked the hubby for a half marathon. I decided to run the Mount Lemmon 1/2 marathon.


Because why not have my first 1/2 marathon in almost a year by totally uphill and at high elevation. Go big or go home I guess. I comfort myself by the fact that I have 7 hours to finish, there will be walkers and I am sure many people will be walking some of it to relieve the burning in the quads from miles and miles uphill.

While visiting the fam. in CO this weekend I ran uphill for about a mile and a half. Thought I would die from the lack of oxygen but did pretty good (4.5 miles in 51 minutes). I was all proud of myself, feeling like a bad a** when I realized the one mile uphill is going to be 13.1. Then I started to panic. Oh man Mt. Lemmon is gonna be tough. But it is only August, plenty of time to train......and psych myself up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review