A Deep Burn

Well sexy is not gonna bring itself back  and perhaps more importantly half marathons are not gonna run themselves so last week I finally got back to some serious training. Oh and it hurt, it was a deep burn.

 But I put in around 45 miles and lifted 4 times last week. Boom


Monday:
After the great track search of 2015 I did some speed work followed by hitting the gym for leg day. This was a very, very poorly executed plan as due to some deep lunges with heavy weights the rest of the week involved a lot of waddling and a deep hatred for the toilet. 7.5 miles for the day.


Tuesday:
Hit the weights for some sweet upper body action. That evening did some hill repeats while screaming the entire time in my head. 6 miles for the day.

Wednesday:
Pilates and serious stretching followed by an evening run. 6 miles for the day.

Thursday:
Walking because you know I broke my butt on Monday.  Lifted upper body. 3 miles for the day.

Friday: 
Trail run fun. Light leg action cause now I am scared. 6.5 miles for the day.

Saturday: 
Training group on training group action at the running store. 8 miles for the day.

Sunday: 
Attempted a long run on trails. Turns out trails are hard and I was exhausted after like two miles. 7.5 miles for the day. 

Overall not a bad week of moving!



On a much more serious note. The beginning of this year has been a bit rough with the loss of friends and friends experiencing tragedy. My friend and fellow amazing blogger posted this article and I found it very helpful. I am always at a loss for how to act or what to do and this had some nice guidance. Hopefully no one will need this advice any time soon but thought I would share.


Comments

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, but I'm so glad you found the article helpful. I found it very useful. I was kind of horrified at how many of my friends have res-hared it via FB or have told me how timely and useful it is. Clearly that's good but it feels like there's a lot of loss at the moment. My heart is heavy for our mutual friends this week. Love you x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review