Good Girls Gone Trail: Kelcey

Meet Kelcey another wonderful member of Good Girls Gone Trail!



For me, running has always been an extremely personal thing.  It has always been something I have done for myself and by myself.  I started running 4 years ago.  I saw some pictures of my cousins running the Marine Corps Marathon and thought, “I think I’d like to do that.”  And I did.  Completely on my own, I trained for 11 months and ran the Pensacola Marathon in 2010.  I believe I got into kind of a rut after that because I’ve only run one race since then.  Though I continued running regularly, it was not for any sort of training purpose.  It was for fun and general fitness.


In the last few months, however, my running life has completely changed.  I got a job at a local running store and suddenly I was surrounded by amazing runners from all walks of life.  I found what I needed to get out of my rut—inspiration.  And there has been more than enough to go around!  While running is still something I regard as personal, now it is also something I get to include in my social life.  Basically, I have friends who run and I can’t get enough of it!


Currently, I am training for the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon in March.  I’m really looking forward to checking that off my bucket list of marathons.  I guess here I should add that I’m also fortunate enough to have a husband who runs and will be running this with me.


 I’m also training for my first relay, the Smoky Mountain Relay.  I’m privileged to participate in this with eight lovely women, including one of my previously mentioned cousins who inspired me to being running in the first place!  There are several other races this year I am considering doing, but I’ll start with these for now.

“Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?’” – Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian and Sub-2:12 marathoner

Not only is Kelcey super fun to work with she is also super fun to run with! Kelcey has been key to getting this awesome relay team together by not only finding other crazy runners but also someone awesome enough to volunteer to drive us around! How amazing is that! Can't wait to relay it up with this lady!

Comments

  1. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd be interested in a blog link exchange.
    My blog covers a lot of interesting and helpful posts just like yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. And also, I think you'll love my recent blog post titled Never Give Away Your Manliness In Exchange For A Girl’s Approval

    I'm hoping to hear from you too and quickly, you've got a great blog here.

    Daniel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review