Borrowing Hungry Runner Girl's New Mantra

This morning I was motivated to go for broke and go for sixteen instead of ten miles.
Not gonna lie. These were tough, hot and sweaty miles. But ever since I read Hungry Runner Girl's post We can do hard things I have done a lot of thinking about my upcoming marathons and have decided to adopt her mantra as my own. I CAN DO HARD THINGS. Ever since getting injured and not being able to run for an extended period of time I have had a lot of self doubt about my ability to complete my upcoming marathons. After mile 12 the run got tough, it was hot, humid, I ran out of water, my shorts were so sweat soaked they were trying to come off, a gnat flew in my eye- oh the drama- but I stayed strong and finished. Self doubt is gone- today's run proved to myself that I am tough and I can do hard things and I will be able to run these marathons. Thanks Hungry Runner Girl for motivating me!

Since we are telling the truth I must confess that  I got home made these and ate half the pan (the non- bacon side).
Egg cups with onion, cheese, jalapeno and bacon for the meat eater of the house
What is your running mantra?

Comments

  1. I really like 'I can do hard things' from this week, it's a great reminder. But my running mantra is 'Baby or Warrior?'...I just love it. I also love 'Battle Mode'. Clearly this peace loving girl is warlike on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job getting the run done! Mine would be "Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." I saw it on a sign while running the Chicago Marathon and it really spoke to me. I wasn't feeling too good and kinda wanted to quit. That sign spoke to me so I keep on going and eventually finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 16 miles. You're a rock star. Good for you!!! Next time maybe you should carry some money on you so you can buy water when/if you run out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review