And we are going to cook delicious Christmas dinner. And by we I mean my mom-in-law will do stuff and I will hand her stuff and try not to mess anything up and then help eat it.
....not to give the ending away but this week was a bit of a bust. Last weekend I felt under the weather and by Monday- bam- felt like death. And that freakin cold was a stage 5 clinger and really lingered. SO. MUCH. COUGHING. Monday: Nothing but naps, and couch time. Luckily this guy was around to keep me company. Tuesday: A light weight workout at home. Skipped my scheduled run due to lack of ability to breath without hacking up a lung. Wednesday: Tried to get back on the wagon. Did 2 miles on the treadmill with 8 30 seconds fast, 30 seconds recovery thrown in. Coughed so hard I almost puked. Got off treadmill and laid on floor. Did manage to lift weights during lunch. Bonus points for me. Thursday: After a night of coughing, reset my alarm and slept in until 7. Ran 3 miles outside in the evening with 3 minute run/ 1 minute walk. Felt good until the last mile and then that walk break began to creep up in time as the coughing and snot production increased. But it got don...
The weird thing about running all of the marathons and half marathons in a month and a half's time is that it really throws off the normal schedule of working out. I haven't been lifting cause I don't want to hurt myself and because I need all the power my under trained body can muster to finish the next two marathons on the schedule. Getting burnt out on lifting seems not smart right now. I also haven't been running very much unless it involves a finish line and a medal because I am worried about doing too much and my tendinitis coming back and frankly I have just been tired and sore from doing a marathon and then a half back to back. I did three miles this morning and it took forever and I was just not interested in running at all. Completing three miles took all of my willpower. Not doing anything physical has left me with some extra time on my hands which I have used to catch up on some reading. This book is dark but as I read on I liked it more and ...
Looking for a reason to come to the Windy City? Looking to fill that race schedule void that just happens to fall on September 8th? Wishing you could see me plod by in person? Well here is your chance. The lovely people at the Chicago Half Marathon have offered me and YOU, dear reader, a free entry to this year's Chicago Half Marathon. I KNOW! I am pretty excited about it too! Super important details of the race. It is September 8th It starts at Jackson Park You get to run on Lake Shore Drive (instead of sit in traffic on it) There will be bands, there will be aid stations, there will be portaaaaa pottieeeeesssssss Tech shirt and a medal (do you really need to know anything else people- there is a medal) Well if you do need to know more visit http://www.usroadsports.com/Signature/Chicago So come join me and other fun runners in our quest to obtain these: This image stolen from the Chicago Half Marathon facebook page Okay so how do you get the entry, well...
Presents are amazing. Food is amazing. Even the in-laws can be amazing! Merry Christmas, and have a great time with the preparations
ReplyDelete