Tyranena Beer Goals

Tomorrow is the Tyranena Beer Half. This race is kind of different in that it starts at 11:30....so not sure what to do with that.
 I have done some super sleuthing and found some other people's race reviews and comments on the interwebs. There is a common theme: Hills.
Yes, those are some hills. Mile three looks like a particularly good time.
Knowing my general distaste for hills I doubt another sub-two will magically appear.
A Goal: Sub 2:10- keep running, even up the hills, even the big one.
B Goal: Sub 2:12- run, don't focus on how much you have walked up the hills, and stop whining.
C Goal: Obtain medal and beer after getting some exercise.
I can only hope the amount of Halloween treats I have consumed this week count as carb loading.

How do you all feel about hills- love/ hate?
Any hill running tips to share?


Comments

  1. I had a beer after a race for the first time last weekend, and it was the most delicious, amazing beer EVER. I'm all about beer races now!

    I basically have no hill experience (aside from a few bridges), so they really scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11.30?? That's weird!! Good luck fuelling for that one!

    I love hills...but not in races. Just work your way steadily up and look forward to the downhills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need to find a beer race now. Those hills look killer but judging your post on Twitter today, kinda sounds like you made those hills your bitches!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review