Liebster Award

Kate over at Run with Kate highlighted me for a Liebster Award! Thanks Kate. According to her blog which I am copying because I am all original all the time the Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, endearing and welcome. None of these adjectives apply to me when I am extremely hungry or tired.....but hopefully at other times.

Rules for the award:
1) Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2) Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they've tagged to answer.
3) Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4) Notify the people you have tagged.
5) No tag backs.
Two thumbs up for random facts about me you did not want to know
My 11 things:
1.  My favorite food is bananas followed by ice cream. Or put them together= heaven.
2. People who brake randomly while driving drive my crazy.
3. I can not stand my ears to be touched. Just don't do it. 
4. I have only recently begun to like beer. I like wine, I like vodka, I like mixed drinks but always thought beer was gross. Now not so much

Hey look I am drinking beer and it taste good. Finally catching up with the rest of the world.
5. One of my favorite things to do is go out to eat with D. Good food, good conversation= fun times.
I swear I am not a lush though these photos may say otherwise
6. I am strangely obsessed with buying things in bulk. Love Costco and Sams club and yet don't have a family of 8 so there is no reason to buy bulk, sad.
Unless it is Nuun on sale and they yes buy in bulk.

7. I have recently decided to grow my hair out for locks of love. My hair is getting pretty long to the point where I normally get frustrated and chop it off but have decided to hold off. After making this decision I looked at the website to see how to do it. Donated hair must be 10 inches long...so apparently I will be growing it out for awhile unless I want a buzz cut. Perhaps should have looked at website before making this declaration. 
8. I get ridiculously cranky when I am hungry, like you do not want to be around me, like D has threatened to pull over and make me walk home cranky.
9. I really love baking, and am not bad at it but then immediately want to eat it all so don't do it that often.
Cake I love you
10. Speaking of baking, I have kinda of always wanted to open my own bakery but I think I like the idea of being around dessert all day more than actually getting up at 2a.m. to bake bread or something.
11. One of my favorite jobs to date was working at a coffee shop with two of my roommates. It was basically like hanging out at home only we got paid and drank a lot of coffee. Pretty sweet deal.

Kate's Questions for Me:
1) Is this your first blog?
Yep first blog and only blog. I don't have enough interesting things to say to keep  one blog more than one blog going.
2) Where were you born?
Nebraska, USA. Go Huskers! (I put USA because Kate is Australian. That is right international reader, I am kind of a big deal;)).
3) What's something that you've done that you're incredibly proud of?
I am pretty proud that D and I have an awesome marriage. I am also proud that recently I took action to make changes in my life when I realized I wasn't headed in the direction I wanted to go. It was scary but needed to be done and now I have an exciting new adventure to look forward to in moving to a new place and starting a new job.
4) What's something you got into trouble for at school?
Well I am not really good at confrontation so I try to avoid trouble so I had to reach pretty far back for this one. But in 5th grade I did toss water in this girls face because she made me mad and had to go talk with the principle about why I got so angry. I have no recollection of why I did it or even who I threw it on just that feeling of oh crap I am gonna get in trouble for this. And I did.
5) What do you like most about yourself right now?
I like the fact that I have chosen a fairly difficult goal of completing 30 half marathons before 30 and have stuck with it and have grown to love this goal and discovered a whole new world full of awesome fitness bloggers, runner enthusiasts and really inspiring people who keep me excited about my next run and next race.
6) Who is your biggest fan?
D, my husband, hands down. Lets me buy a ridiculous amount of running related things, travel to races, shows up to cheer and tells me how awesome I am doing almost daily. I really appreciate his support. My friends and family are also big fans or at least tolerate the obsessive discussion of next run/race/new gear that is constantly coming our my mouth. Thanks guys.
7) What sport do you follow?
I pay attention to marathoners. I like watching track & field. I like watching hockey on TV every now and then (mostly because they fight) but other than that not a huge sports fan. But I do love the Summer Olympics so that is on and will be on constantly in this house. 
8) Do you have a hidden talent?
Um no apparently my talent is still hidden. If I or anyone else finds it I will let you know. 
9) When do you blog?
Whenever I get some free time. Usually in the evening. 
10) Is there anyone who doesn't know about your blog who you've avoided telling?
I haven't really avoided telling anyone but I don't really announce it either. Unless you are related to me and then you should feel duty bound to read and savor every word. Just kidding I count myself lucky if anyone reads. My misuse of grammar, bad spelling and  blog entries involve a large level of tolerance to get through I am sure. So if you are reading this a tip of the hat to you and big ole Thank You!
11) Name a song you can't get enough of at the moment.
It is a tie between Carrie Underwood's Blown Away and Rihanna's Where are you now. Both fun songs to run to.


My Questions:
1. Where is one place you must visit before you die and why?
2. What is your favorite race distance and/or workout?
3. What is your favorite way to refuel after a race or workout?
4. What is your favorite television show?
5. What piece of running or workout gear can you not live without?
6. If you could compete in an Olympic sport what would it be?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. Who do you look to for inspiration and why?
9. What is the next big event or race on your calender (and if it is a half marathon can I race with you:))?
10. What would be your dream job and why?
11. Which movie is your go to for a rainy day?


Lets Tag some awesome blogger peeps shall we:
Challenged and Running in the Bike Lane
Behold the Turtle
Pain is Nothing
The Paper Jellyfish
Jogging on Coffee
Road Runner Girl
Pacifiers and Fruit Loops
A healthier, fitter me
Fitness and Everything Else
Running with the Sunrise
The Girl's Got Sole



Comments

  1. This is fun!! Thanks for tagging me, I feel honored. :-) I love your blog, so glad that Kate also recognizes what a gem it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are so sweet. And as you probably already know I stalk, I mean read your blog religiously for inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I was born in Nebraska too! Corn huskers, unite! My husband claims that I withheld that information and led him to believe that I was a Southerner. I only lived in Nebraska 6 months so don't really consider it home. When are you guys moving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably in the next couple of weeks. Still sorting out the details but super excited!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging me for the award.....I feel so special, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just noticed I was tagged :) Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! You rock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review