Now what

This is the first time in a long time that I have no big races looming over my head. Nothing of any sort of significant distance until the fall. Yippee. And even then the longest distance I have in mind is 13.1 miles. The fall line-up includes:

Quick note about this race: I deferred last year due to my foot injury. The race director deferred my entry to this year. Super nice guy. I would recommend giving this race a try just based on my interaction with the race director. 



Since the marathon I have been taking it easy. I took one whole week off from running, though I still kept up walking at least a mile every day. Usually longer. Last week I finally started back running but nothing over 4.5 miles. It was nice to do a marathon and not have any significant aches and pains to come back from. I feel pretty much 100%. Only thing that is still a bit wonky is my knee but a friend who is a PA and knows about these things gave me some exercises to do to help with that so now it is up to me to execute.

I think the focus of this summer will be speed. I have done a few HIIT workouts on the treadmill and really enjoyed them. Big bang for the buck in terms of making me real sad real fast due to difficulty level. I have also started back to strength training with my main focus on core and upper body with a hope that it will help the speed along. It is already getting warm here, in the 80's during the day, so long runs become a thing of the past in the heat.

In other running news this weekend I got to be on a team with my running peeps headed by my friend Michelle for the Race for the Cure.

My peeps
I very much enjoyed hanging out with everyone but super do not enjoy the Susan G. Komen events. They are always such a cluster of disorganization. Parking was a mess, volunteers just standing around not directing traffic, vehicle or runner. The race started 20 minutes late. That is a super pet peeve of mine.  Plus this organization, in my opinion, has some pretty shady practices (minimal funds go to cancer research, many funds go to CEO salary, (charitynavigator.org is a great way to see how funds are used by charities) and if I hadn't been there with friends I would not have been there at all. But overall it was a beautiful day and hanging with these people is always fun.

Plus it is always nice to be done running in 30 minutes or less and get on to brunch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review