Good Girl Gone Trail: Nicole

On to the next fantastic teammate- may I introduce you to Smoky Mountain Relay Team Good Girls Gone Trail member Nicole!
Getting a sub 2-hour finish at the Red Nose Half '14
Hi my name is Nicole and I’m a Runner.

2 years ago, this would've not been the first sentence to start my bio, today it is. 2 years ago the reason for this bio would've not been a 212.5 mile relay, today it is.

I used to hate running. I specifically remember that time of the year when we had to run at school. 2000m on the track. Worst. Time. Ever. I hated it so much it wasn’t even funny. Now looking back at it – that was less than 1.5 miles – was I really THAT out of shape at the age of 16? Scary.

5K Baumholder Germany 2011

In 2009 I met my husband in Baumholder, Germany. He used to say things like “Let’s go run together! It’ll be fun!” and I would just laugh because clearly the words run and fun would not be in one of my sentences together.  But I knew it was important to him so eventually I did it. And almost died. During the next few years I would run a little bit more, mostly at the gym, and eventually run a few 5k’s and a 10k. I actually enjoyed those races, a lot!

In the summer of 2012 we moved to Columbus, GA. After the move it took me a while to get back into working out. I still would’ve never called myself a runner.

Girls Night Out 5K 2012
It wasn’t until December 2012 when my husband and I decided that it would be a great idea to buy a treadmill! I know many people who own a treadmill and never use it, but I was sure that I would be different ;) When we actually did it and my husband was setting it up, that’s when reality set in. I’d actually have to do this now. 01/01/2013 – day for resolutions! This year’s goal:  to run the Soldier Half marathon. Long story short – trained hard, ran it, got addicted.


First half marathon- Soldier Marathon 2013
So far I’ve successfully completed 2 Half marathons and run 100-150 miles/ month. So it seems like a great idea to run through the mountains for 200+ miles right?
Running is a mental sport and we are all insane!
Other fun facts about Nicole- she is from Germany and is an organizational genius. I am about 110% sure this relay will go off without a hitch with her assistance! Follow Nicole as she preps for the relay by following her on Instagram- @nicolebent87.

Comments

  1. You're going to have so much fun...sobbing a little that I won't be there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review