Life & Training or Life Interfering with Training

You know when life comes around and smacks you in the face and says 'hey this is not Burger King, you can not always have it your way'. In other words life has not been overly conducive to my obsessive compulsive marathon training schedule.

An impromptu trip to visit family in Kentucky led to two things.
1)
Outside run!!!! Look I ran outside!!!! With a photo to commemorate the occasion.  I ran there!

2) Missed long run. It was snowing. Not cool Kentucky, not cool.

oh well

This week I have seen a lot of this

and a lot of this

due to training in Chicago which equals about a three hour train commute each day. Fun but equals early, early mornings. So far I have fit in all the mileage just not in the order on the calender. The true test will be tomorrows 9 mile tempo run. Will I get up early enough to fit in 9 miles (hello 4a.m.)? Will I opt to try to split the run into two parts? Will I hit snooze and ignore the whole thing instead?

Tricky, very tricky.


Comments

  1. Good for you for getting all your runs in with that schedule! I had to get up at 4:45 this morning to get my workout in and it was pretty brutal; I don't know how people do this every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally celebrate running outdoors these days by taking pictures, as well, so I commend you for doing the same. I think you're adjusting to living out there rather well. But I'm really ticked you're not in Tucson so I can meet you later this month!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review