January 2013: Month in Review

Half marathons run: 0
Races in general run:0
So sad. I miss racing. People residing in a warm state and running races are making me jealous. Somebody hand me a medal.

Miles run this month: 114
I have been uping my mileage each week.
Week one: 22 miles
Week two: 25 miles
Week three: 27 miles
Week four: 30 miles

So far so good with marathon training but it is only just beginning.

I have done pretty good with yoga and strength training but I could do better. So this month I am going to focus on making sure I fit it in. I also want to up the speed a bit. Push it a little more. I spend a lot of time on the treadmill might as well put it to good use and use it as a tool to help bring on the speed a bit more.

Other fun January stuff:

Fun in the city with family

These came
and then these. Hello sales. Shoes for the next few months obtained.
Goals were made. Love my Believe I Am journal.
Tried new restaurant Firkin. Best part was the beer. Which I now apparently like-well the light kind anywho

and this showed up
So much snow

Overall an awesome month!

Comments

  1. When's your next race?! I've never seen you go this long without one.:) I might just send you a medal for Longest Bean Has Ever Gone Without Racing. It's hard when we're addicted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next race is in March. Ugh so far away. I would totally take the medal and hang it on my medal hanger because I am very serious about medals;).

      Delete
  2. I'll be entering my "race season freeze" as the rest of the country thaws out and starts racing again. It's torture. My last 2 races are in February and I have nothing on the calendar after that until probably October. I feel and can relate to your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next year I am going to have to crash your Disney runs or something so I have some races in the winter months. And I totally want to do a fun race with you!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you're making good progress with meeting your goals! Good luck with February. :) I actually prefer doing my speed work on the treadmill--you can make sure you're actually hitting your goal pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I am not sure why I wasn't using it for speed before. I am a slow learner apparently. :)

      Delete
  4. Try and enjoy the race-free time, if you can. You worked so hard last year you do need the break. And you'll be so excited and keyed up for your next race!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand the pain of race-free time. Our race-free times are just opposite. My last race is in April, and then the drought ... boo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. I look forward to hearing from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Training Week 10/9/2017-10/15/2017....or lack of...

The forever taper

Wisconsin Marathon Race Review